Who we are:
Nimble Approach are a rapidly growing Product & Tech consultancy who deliver value and enhance organisations. We pride ourselves on delivering great projects to multiple clients in different industries including Education, Government, Betting & Gaming, Utilities, Fintech, Manufacturing, Healthcare and more, so there is lots of opportunity to try out new things!
We believe in delivering value at pace and enhancing the organisations that we work with. This would not be possible without our amazing Nimble specialists who leave their mark everywhere they go. Our projects are diverse and different, just like our ways of working and our people. One of our key focusses is maintaining a strong culture of pragmatic, skilled, egoless people who collaborate to get things done and have lots of fun along the way.
We currently have offices in Sheffield (our HQ), Leeds & Manchester, however, a lot of us work remotely. We prefer for everyone to work however is best for them – all we ask is that people go into the office a few times a month and for team / client meetings when required.
What we are looking for:
As we grow, we are looking for a talented Front-End Practice Lead to join us. Our Practice Leads are accountable for providing leadership within their capability whilst remaining hands-on with client work.
At Nimble we believe in Lean, “necessary and sufficient” principles and we wish for structures to be as flat as possible and for all staff (especially senior staff) to be task not role oriented and to execute “servant leadership” where possible.
Our Practice Leads are proactive leaders driving and scaling our delivery capabilities while continuing to put quality at the centre of everything we do, and maintaining our core values of ‘Best for Consultants’, ‘Best for Customers’.
Who this is great for:
You will be an experienced software engineer with skills in React, HTML/ CSS, Node & TypeScript. We’re also looking for someone with a passion for great UX and shipping quality, user-centric software early and frequently.
Nimble Practice Leads have consulted at Principal level, are capable of being an exemplar in at least one delivery discipline and have a detailed knowledge and deep understanding of their domain and providing quality professional services to customers.
The whole culture of Nimble revolves around being lean & we’d expect you to have real tangible value to add to client projects, to actively contribute within our high-performance teams and strive for positive outcomes.
While not solely responsible for these, we’d expect you to:
- Maintain and build positive stakeholder relationships and input and support clients through technical decisions
- Be ambitious, driven, a good people person, egoless, driven by task and not by role description
- Be motivated and be ready to take on challenges; help design and elevate ways of working and influence the growth and development of our engineering team
- Contribute within in an agile, modern, collaborative environment with a culture of
respect and individualism
- Be passionate about upskilling others on client projects as well as within Nimble
Key Elements of the Role:
The role will include leading our front-end practice as well as continuing to provide services to our clients. While we expect our Practice Leads to be accountable for all aspects of running the capability, we also recognise that some of these activities and tasks may be delegated to other members of the practice...
- Set criteria for capability interviews
- Act as hiring lead for the practice
- Carry out, with others within the practice, capability interviews for new hires
- Onboarding with each new starter within the practice (1 to 2 hour session)
- Lead community of practice
- Mentor and coach members of the practice
- Coach members of other disciplines on the practice
- Work with Line Managers to provide structured feedback and recognition to those within the practice
- Input into promotion and levelling discussions for people within the practice
- Represent Nimble at events, conferences etc to raise awareness both with potential hires & potential clients
Input into bids and proposals representing practice
- Input into bid library and standard answers for bids
- Represent practice during proposal presentations to potential new clients
- Work with prospective and current clients to promote the practice and how it could be moved forward within the client
- Work with other practice leads to drive a consistent quality first approach
- Set standards and principles for the practice
- Write & input into case studies, articles, blogs etc to promote the practice both within and outside of Nimble
- Build knowledge base for the practice
- Ensure quality is high across projects, with a high level of confidence
- Agree and track key measures and foster a constant improvement culture across the practice
What we offer:
- Private healthcare for you and a family member through Westfield Health
- Multiple Qualified Mental Health First Aider’s with regular 1-1’s available
- £2k champion fund to spend as you wish on your own L&D
- Referral scheme (£3,000) for every successful applicant
- Dedicated time to spend on your L&D, including time to complete courses and qualifications
- Flat organisational structure with lots of career progression opportunities
- Laptop and any practicable equipment provided (either a Mac or Windows)
- Regular Nimble Socials (both virtual & physical) including Escape rooms, Gin tasting, Lunches, Award nights, Bowling, Bouldering and more!
- Relaxed and fun working environment
- Engaging and collaborative communities to be involved in
- A chance to be involved in company OKRs and shape how we will be in the future
- 25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays
- Company pension (with employer contributions)
If you think this sounds of interest, please apply with your CV.
(Unfortunately, we cannot offer sponsorship for permanent candidates at this moment in time, so you must UK based)
Equal Opportunities Statement:
At Nimble Approach, we strongly believe that discrimination and victimisation is unacceptable. It is our duty to ensure that no employee or job applicant receives less favourable facilities or treatment (either directly or indirectly) in recruitment or employment on grounds of age, disability, gender / gender reassignment, marriage / civil partnership, pregnancy / maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation (the protected characteristics).
Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of society and each employee feels respected and able to give their best. We want everyone at Nimble and those applying to join us to feel safe, supported and encouraged so if we can make any adjustments to help with your application or you require any assistance please reach out to us on email@example.com and we are happy to help.