Who we are
We are a product and technology consultancy who deliver value and enhance organisations. Our clients are medium to large scale enterprises in industries ranging from education, healthcare, retail, manufacturing, betting and gaming, fintech and utilities, so there’s lots of opportunity to try out different things! We have offices in Sheffield, Leeds and Manchester, but a lot of us work remotely.
We believe in lean, agile delivery and optimising organisations. What that means is that our teams learn client ways-of-working and are well-placed to advise regarding practical needs or gaps. One of our key focusses is maintaining a strong culture of fun, pragmatic, skilled, egoless people who collaborate to get things done.
We’re looking to grow our existing community of engineers who are currently using various JVM languages (Java, Kotlin or Scala) and associated technologies.
Who you are
As we grow rapidly, we are looking for brilliant engineers to join our existing teams. You will be passionate about their craft and have experience in delivering scalable, reliable software to production. We’re proud of our collaborative, open engineering community of practice and would love for you to be a part of it.
- From a Java, Kotlin, Scala or JVM background
- Practice a test-first approach to development, building quality in from the get go through pragmatic use of TDD, BDD and other XP practices
- Not afraid of questioning the status quo
- Good understanding of engineering principles
- Proven experience delivering high quality software
- Enjoy working in an agile, collaborative and supportive engineering environment
- Passionate about growing a DevOps and quality focussed culture
- Delivery and product focussed
Useful, but not necessary
- Experience with one or more of Kubernetes, AWS, Istio, Kafka, Spring boot, Reactive streams, Databases
- Understanding of API standards and API Documentation experience e.g. Swagger
What we offer
- Private healthcare for you and a family member
- Mental Health First Aider with 1-1’s available
- Laptop and any practicable equipment to suit your specific needs
- Referral scheme (£3,000) for successful applicants
- Competitive salary
- Competitive pension (with employer contributions)
- £2k Tech champion fund to use on your own L&D as you so wish
- The ability to cross skill in another language/discipline
- Learning and development fund and dedicated learning time
- Flat organisational structure with lots of career opportunities
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Lots of socials (both virtual & physical)
- Relaxed and groovy working environment
- Engaging and collaborative communities to be involved in
- A chance to be involved in company OKRs and shape how we will be in the future